5.21.2009

From Bottega+Blahnik to Baby+Colic.....



So today is "THE" day.  I'm officially 30 and of the many sweet cards my Hubby and Son gave me one line in them rings loud "Babe, your entering Cougar territory"...now I won't spill the beans on what the rest of the card says because although its quite funny and witty, its personal and Michael would probably prefer I didn't share!!!! However, as Trey and I were sitting in the parking lot at Target this morning...with the car running and the AC on full blast...I know, I'm trying my best to "GO GREEN" but he was hungry and wanted to eat RIGHT THEN...so I hopped in the back seat and let the feeding frenzy begin, I started to think about what I expected my 30th Birthday to look like, feel like, and be like.  

If you had asked me a year or so ago about my 30th Birthday this is probably what I would have said: " I would like a BIG party, with all my friends and family. I want it outside, in the evening and I want the atmosphere to feel ''Casual Chic"....  Lots of good food, superb drinks(yes, Ira the Bartender would certainly be on duty!) and a fantastic band, I hadn't decided way back then if I wanted country or something else....I would probably have had a spa day before the BIG party and maybe even my makeup done!  

Now fast forward a year plus:  

I am sitting on my 30th Birthday in the Target parking lot with my new beautiful baby eating like he's a piglet at a trough..can't get it down fast enough! I'm makeupless,(these days I'm lucky to get some lipgloss on) in need of eyebrow help and OMG is that my upper lip hair WOW...., 

My hair is thrown into what look liked to me at home "a sexy, thrown together in a Rachel Bilson type way Bun, but as i'm looking in the rear view mirror its unfortunately nothing of the sorts and actually looks more like a mass of hair on top of my head with a ratty pinch clip holding the some what oily pieces of my hair together...hmmmm....I swear it looked better at home....

As to that band I would have had play at my party, I'm currently listening to the same old tune that Trey's swing plays OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN(It seesm to help his colic and reflux)!And that "Casual Chic" looks more like the maternity dresses I'm STILL wearing to hide the pooch NO ONE told me I would still have!!!

I'm thinking about all this when my beautiful son, my Gift on Rent From God,looks up at me and SMILES. And right then and there I realize, that what I'm doing on my 30th Birthday is exactly what I want to be doing. It isn't a party, and I'm not decked out from head to toe in a  sassy new Birthday outfit BUT I am however as happy as I have ever been and so completely content that I couldn't imagine a more perfectly wonderful, completely fulfilling Birthday Gift as my son and his SMILES:::: from him to me on my Birthday.
Thank You, Trey, for Mommy's Perfect Birthday Gift!  I will treasure you always.

And Well, sure, I still love Birthday Parties but there's always: 31........




 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe... I like this post!! Happy Birthday to you!!

The Brown Family said...

AHHHHH. what a great post! That was hilariouis to read and I remember those days. I am glad yo uare writing about them. Year to the day after Addie was born and I can't even recall those days.... you will be back to you fantatically fit self when the time is right... right now just continue to do what you are doing and enjoy where you and your body are now! I am so proud of you! I love you on your 30th Birthday and always! Megan


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones