12.13.2011

Christmas Cookies with Mabry!

Yesterday we decorated Christmas Cookies! It was so much fun. However, Trey did more "eating" than decorating...hmmm and i wonder why i had such a difficult time getting him to fall asleep last night!!!




Sarah's Delicious homemade choc and vanilla icing...yum!


still eating icing...








So, you may be asking "WHAT IS THAT"??? Well, friends, these are our Christmas Cookies. Exhibit A above should be a bunch of snowmen and Exhibit B below should be gingerbread men and christmas trees.
I AM NOT A BAKER. CLEARLY.
I bought the cookie cutters, rolled out the store bought dough and as you can see, i did something not quite right. I am def. not the Mom to be hosting any type of playdate where baking is involved. I do much better with paint, paper, glue, glitter, etc...i guess i'm best for the "mess" type of activities. My threshold for mess is pretty high, much to michael's dismay :) Anyhow the kids didn't mind but i was embarassed, because my friend Sarah is a fantastic chef, not a cook, a chef. She makes the most wonderful food, bakes, you name it...really gourmet...so when she popped over and i showed her the cookies:: i def. blushed. But she loves me more for who i am rather than my cooking making abilities: THANK GOODNESS :)

Today we have another playdate with some friends from school and we are doing this same thing again. Well, I learned my lesson. I am picking up a dozen, christmas shaped sugar cookies from a cute little bakery here and its worth the extra penny or two!


No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones