8.22.2012

Big Sur 2012

Michael and I had the chance to get away to Big Sur in July. It was my 33rd Birthday gift from him to me :) It is by far  the best place we have visited, besides Mallorca. Henry Miller a famous author from Big Sur describes it as:

“Big Sur is the California that men dreamed of years ago, this is the Pacific that Balboa looked at from the Peak of Darien, this is the face of the earth as the Creator intended it to look”

 Henry Miller quotes (American Author and Writer, 1891-1980) Big Sur really is just that, the face of the Earth as the Creator intended it to look. It is breathtaking. Our morning view from our room.

To left of this pic is all the other bungalows situated along the coastline. We stayed at Post Ranch Inn. I can not do the place justice with my pictures. Their website is eyecandy. I am all for a bargain,  this is not one. It is however, worth every single penny. www.postranchinn.com

Mouthwatering pastries at the Big Sur Bakery. I want to work here one day :)

Big Sur is so peaceful. The air is so fresh. The vegetation is unreal.

Day 1 of hiking: Of course we have no gear.


:)








Julia Phieffer Beach is very pretty. Too cold get in the water for us although some kids where happily splashing around. We enjoyed our breakfast.






Another reason I love him: he double clasp the backpack on his chest and his tummy...you know, just in case it falls off .... Always prepared and thinking ahead...thats my guy! I on the other hand would just put the backpack on...i'm not really a safety net kinda gal :)













This used to be the terrace of Julia Phieffer Burns Family. Can you imagine to waking up to all of this everyday of your life?



View from the old Phieffer Home

Post Ranch Inn Restaurant: Sierra Mar

The beginning of the cottages. I love how they are made to camouflage into the scenery. The roofs have grass on top!
The garden where the restaurant gets their fruits and veggies!

another view of the ocean front cottages...

To right are the cabin style "treehouse" bungalows.


Restuarant

"Quiet Area" lots of mediating at this place and no kids allowed which i thought was interesting.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones