9.10.2012

Anna.

I read blogs. I'm a blog addict. I think its because I receive so much inspiration from other moms, wives and friends going thru this life together. I also love the honesty and the cyberspace friendships I come to form. Call me crazy. But my "love cup" is filled by the writing of some of these women. And I know without a doubt that if I emailed Glennon about something I needed whether it be a phone talk or help with something, advice etc I know damn well she will respond. And I don't even KNOW HER. One of my favorites, is written by Glennon at momastery.blogspot.com. So one day I read this post by Glennon: Anna.  Glennon is spiritual and one of the most uplifting people I have ever met. And thats  the thing. I have never met Glennon, and yet I feel like her friend. Thats what blogs do. Good ones, at least, connect us and uplift us. Then I found my friend, Anna, thru Glennon. I also have never met Anna and yet I think of her as a friend and I look up to her as Super Mom. If you take time to read her story you will see why. After reading about Anna on Momastery I instantly needed to go to blog and read her story about her beloved son, Jack.  Can you imagine the loss? Can you imagine the guilt? How many times have i let Trey out in the backyard glancing out the window every now and then? Then Anna gave a talk Why B Normal? and she instantly became a hero to me. How she finds the inner strength to talk, laugh, speak so eloquently all while her son's terrible accident , his death, is still so fresh, the pain so raw. Would I be able to do that? If you had asked me before I met Anna, I would say absolutely not. There is no way I could be strong enough to do that. Then I watched Anna. How she speaks about her Jack and her sweet Margaret. And I thought. She can do it because she is a Mom. She is Jack's Mom whether he is alive or in Heaven. She is a Mom and thats what Mom's Do for their Children. We find strength thru them. We almost became "animalistic" in our love and determination to protect + provide for our children. We do what we need to do, no matter what, especially if we don't want to. I know Anna, doesn't want to be a Mom to a dead child. But she needs to still be Jack's Mom, Margaret's Mom, a Wife, a Friend and so she is. Jack wouldn't expect his Mom to do "nothing" because that is not how he knows his Mom, Anna. And so in being herself she is honoring her son, her first born child, Jack.  She is a Mom who found strength from just being "a Mom". I pray for Anna, Margaret and Tim. My heart breaks for them and my heart has found strength from them as well.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones