7.08.2013

Aunt Ashley's Baby Shower!

I have hosted many baby showers for people I love and adore. However, I was surprised by how emotional and excited I was for the particular baby shower. There is something about your sister having a baby that makes you instantly love that baby as though it was your own.  I can not wait for baby Emma Elizabeth to arrive and for my sister to earn her new crown, "Mommy"....exciting times in our family!

Enclosed in the invitation was a card about bringing a book in lieu of a card. By the end of the shower Emma's library was stocked!


All the flower arrangement's had these adorable tags that said either " its a girl" or "EME"...really made the flowers special.

Grami writing on a love note to Ashley + Emma...

Dessert Table






I simply love how our wishing tree turned out. Leave it to our Mom to be creative! It was Friday afternoon around 5:00 and I was at our local HEB thinking they would have big, large branches but they didn't. I came home in a mad dash thinking I was going to have to go in rush hour traffic to our Central Market( they always have them and I should have trekked over there first) with two kids! When I came home I was telling Mom + Grami and Mom says, "Wait, I just saw this beautiful branch in the street while we were walking caroline + buster"....she runs out to go retrieve it, tweaks it a bit, gets fern from her yard and ta-da! its a wishing tree and extra special because Gaga made it herself!


Found this look on Etsy and had it made with Emma's initials and nursery colors. Ashley can also hang it on her room door at the hospital.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones