Last night i was disciplining Trey and thought i would try the "take away" approach that we have not used before...here's how the conversation went:
Momma: "Trey, Momma is going to take Lightening McQueen and keep it(pretty sure "keep it" is where i made the mistake as he took it literally) if you choose to keep ______".
Trey: Gives me that "Oh, Really? Watch this look" and Does it again.
Momma: "So sad, Trey, now I am going to take your trumpet away as well because you are not choosing to make a better choice".
Trey: Starts to cry as he realizes what this means and with big, puppy dog sad eyes, lips quivering he takes my cheeks in both his hands and says, " But Momma, Santa brought you your own gifts you got a phone why you want my gifts?"
I tried so hard not to laugh, i literally had to turn around!
Kinda makes sense from his standpoint, however after explaining that, No I don't "want" his gifts from Santa and that i was taking them away from him for safe keeping until he could show me that he was ready, had his listening ears on, and could make the better choice he totally got it. Crying, feet pounding, fist pumping and all.
But ya know, it worked.
Just like that.
I wonder how long the magic of the "new Santa toys" will last?
Think i can drag it out until at least June ? :)
1.02.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment