Rare Treat With The Casey's in Houston
i read my best friend's blog everyday. I'm addicted. I have come to know and love her children thru her writing and pictures. I actually get worried when she hasn't "posted" in a day or two :) It was to my pleasant surprise when i read her recap of our weekend together and her take on our friendship. Back atcha Brown! Ditto Dahling! Love you! I took what she wrote and posted and put it on my page...pretty sure she won't mind.
So, I
have a best friend. A best friend that knows my deepest, darkest
secrets. My dreams, my weaknesses and everything in between. We talk
sometimes two, three, four times a week and sometimes have weeks with no
conversations.
When
all four of our children were in diapers, we went through a stage where
we left one another four to five minute voice mails, getting one another
caught up on our lives and giving/receiving much needed advice, until
one of our cell phones would rudely cut us off. (We would
usually call back and continue our "one-sided" conversation with a
second insanely long voicemail message.) That's how much we love
one-another, care for one another and are truly intertwined into almost
every detail of one another's lives. The only problem is, we are best
friends, with two hundred miles in between our homes and therefore our
families and everyday lives.
So a
few weeks ago, it was a true rare treat to get to spend a whole weekend,
all eight of us, just hanging out. We imagined what it would be like if
we lived a mere two miles from one another. And we are happy to report,
after 12 years of being best friends, we thought we picked it up quite
naturally!Once we pulled up on Friday
evening, Michael and Alli, had a backyard of FUN, FUN, FUN ready for the
kids and we had a spectacular steak dinner. We just played with the
kids and caught up. Thank goodness for blogs, we felt like we were able
to pick up right from the last blog post on the stages of where we are
with our four kids and what we have been up to, leaving time to really
savor in being all in the same room, for once.
![]() |
| Me + Addie Girl. I love her and I think she kinda thought her "aunt alli was pretty cool" :) |
![]() |
| chatting with my good friend blake brown and carter man! |
![]() |













1 comment:
So so sweet, you are....
Post a Comment