8.22.2012

Big Sur 2012: Random Phone Pics

I could grow old here. Just a little bench area looking over a lake at Post Ranch Inn. The quietness is breathtaking. You can seriously hear your own breathing pattern and the rise and fall of chest as your heart beats...I really did not want to head to back to our hussle and bussle city life.
One of the Rooms at Big Sur Inn.
Deetjen's
First Hike!
the drive up the coast.....
Nepenthe Restuarant
View at the restaurant Nepenthe Restaurant. AMAZING FOOD and VIEWS. Thank Mel!
These grow naturally and for free here in Big Sur....I have to pay an arm and a leg for them at the grocery...hence why i always stick to HEB"s yellow poms...
Lavendar Martini: Looks Pretty. Taste Bad. Just sayin'.
I often feel silly posting pictures of myself or michael. However, I remember looking thru my parents or my baby albums and LOVING seeing my Mom and Dad  in their younger years. Especially my Mom with her beautiful long thick hair. Because my memory of her actual looks really starts around 10 it was always fun for me to see her in her 20's + 30's so thats why i post self portraits. So my kids see us as we were, as we age. It just always feels weird to me to post them. :)
My Dapper Husband. He looks great, has lost close to 22 pounds and kept it off for almost a full year!. He is the  best ying to my yang and I am grateful to our Heavenly Father for choosing him to travel this life together.  We have our moments but our ability to communicate, laugh(laughter is sooo key), + pick up on the need's of each other as two separate people with two separate set of needs/wants is so crucial. I love you.

I love how everything here is old and hidden under lush greenery it all just blends in. Like out of a book. Entrance to Deetjen's.
Loved the Big Sur Inn home to Deetjen's Restaurant a great brunch spot(thanks aunt kristin!). When we come back with the kids I would love to stay here, unless we RV'IT as I want to do that too! It has maybe 12 rooms, no internet, no tv and shared bathrooms! Sounds like camp to me and i love it! I might have to twist my fancy hubbies arm as the shared bathrooms creep him out.
The day we left it was really foggy. Our attempt at getting the restaurant and the water and us in a photo. And yes, thats a jacket. It was cold in July, i'm telling you just chilly!
Ready for Dinner.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones