8.30.2012

Galveston Beach Photos: May 2012

We woke up early on a Sunday in May and headed to Galveston to our friend and talented photographer, Shalonda, of Chubby Cheeks Photography. Our shoot was at 7:00 so it was an early wakup call. I love them. Not "stepford" picture perfect, but Casey Perfect!(Of course the lighting and Shalonda's talent is pretty close to perfection:) Showing our family for who are and what were feeling that morning. I think that is what I absolutely love about Shalonda. Her pictures capture a feeling...tell a story. She doesn't run around like a crazy lady trying to get the kids to smile, she just tells us to "visit" "talk" "hang out" and in return we receive photos that tell a little story...The photo above, I remember exactly what Trey was looking at  a crab crawling in the sand :) He kept turning his head to look so we told him stop turning your head, he headed our words and instead just moved his eyes towards it:) Plan B..my boy is smart! Its these memories I will enjoy looking at when I am 80.

Slight smile from mr. mjc iii and cec is in thought mode or tooting :)


This photo speaks for itself.


I love how my husband looks and love on our baby girl. Did not take long for this little girl to work her magic and get her daddy wrapped around her teeny tiny little finger :)

I love these of me and my babies. I'm pretty sure its the same shot just one is cropped. I love how the personalities of my children are so natural here. Honey giggling and happy true to her self and Badger giving his slight, upward turn of the lips smile, again true to himself.


Me and My Angel Girl. Look at those arms.....sadly the rolls are starting to leave :((


L.O.V.E. this one of Trey. If I recall correctly he was playing in the sand and looked over at me + daddy who were swinging Caroline around...

Oh yea. Gettin' Messy! I think this was the first time either one of them were in real sand. Well, we have a sand box at home, but actual beach sand.  Sad. We live an hour or so from Galveston and I have yet to take them to beach!

Hanging out!

I love how Trey is holding Caroline's tiny hand and if you look closely you see him smiling....sweet.

Joyful Angel. Again, I'm missing those roly poly arms of hers.....

Looking at me like I am the most important, coolest thing she has laid eyes on. I cherish this. She certainly won't always think i'm cool or important.

Windy!

These of Daddy and I Trey speak of a Father + Son bond I had only dreamed of. These two souls are connected and I feel so blessed when I  see emotions like this being expressed in pictures. Especially the photo below. Pure love and admiration.


Really like his smile here, his windswept hair and color of sky..

Holding onto my sweet girl. I can still hear her laughing as the water ever so gently swam across her toes....something about watching your baby girl have a new experience and seeing the wonder in her eyes over something as simple and pure as ocean water. Makes me remember to pause  in my action packed weekdays and just "smell the roses"...our children teach us so much.

Growing so fast. And growing some teeth :)




Trey giving his "forced" or what I like to call "party pic" smile.....


No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones