| Since we were here for quite a while we switched our days up: beach day, pool day etc. What I realized is, a vacation with young children is not a reprieve from: early morning wakeup calls, nighttime wake up calls, diaper duty, tantrum control, playing chef for breakfast,.lunch, dinner, snack, losing sight of the nap schedule or relaxation for those of us over 30 :) However, a vacation with young children is time standing still, the blackberry is in a suitcase packed far in the back, the phone is not buzzing, the worries of life standstill for those precious days of vacation where all that matters is right in front of you. It is a vacation full of laughter, hugs, silliness, feeling sand between our toes and wet beach towels to hang dry, it is a recharge that all of our "parenting peeps" + kiddos need. Recharging your marriage when you vacation alone is totally different. But when you vacation together as a family, the entire family "recharges" all on one setting, back to start, back to being just family. Without the hussle and bussle and the almighty "schedule" to control us. I think that is what I love most about vacationing together, recharging our family as a unit. That is exactly what this trip did for us. I am grateful to God who has blessed our family in ways that have allowed us to "recharge". |
No comments:
Post a Comment