





Yesterday was a sad day. Where do I begin? Since we came home with Trey, Lola has been an absolute angel. Friends and Family who know the "real" Miss Lola Piccola Patawone Boo Boo Jr. Casey, were shocked to see how submissive and subdued she had become. She just wanted to stay by me. She wouldn't even play outside with her cousins, Phoebe and Penny. She wouldn't take walks with her PaPa and she didn't even want to chase the airplanes, birds or squirrels. We all just chalked it up to her being a little depressed with all the change a new baby brings. Especially since Lola has been our number one baby for the past five years.
However, we found out some news yesterday that makes all of the above make sense. It started out with Lola falling down our stairs, from the top. At first I thought she just missed a step or slipped. Then she couldn't see or smell her treat when I put it right in front of her face. Couldn't find her food/water bowl.....Michael and I put it together and started thinking she couldn't see. At first we were like, "No way" but then we started putting our hands in front of her, to the side and she never stirred. Talk about a breakdown, I lost it. Our Vet kindly took us even though it was 5:30 and they closed at 6. I stayed home with Trey while Michael took our sweet baby to the Vet. After 1 hour they came home. Michael opened the back door, and Lola just stood there not even seeing that door had been open and I saw Michael's face. And I knew it was bad. I don't think he really wanted to tell me, I've had so much on my plate with Trey, the C Section ordeal etc..but he did. Lola did not respond to any of the visual test/stimuli in either of her eyes. Our vet is not an eye specialist, so we go to the Doggie Opthamologist on Monday.
My heart is so upset for my Baby Lola. Please pray for her and eyesight. That it is something treatable. Since they got home it has only gotten worse. She bumps into chairs, walls, etc and just looks so confused and scared. She won't really walk anywhere unless she can our voices and we guide her. She just stands there, with this scared, uncertain blank stare in her eyes. Her eyes are very dilated, wide, and glassy and have turned a bluish color. As many of you know, Lola is my buddy, my baby and has always been my "sidekick" for 365 days for the past 5 years. She is my watchdog pug, my napping partner, my walking buddy,...my shadow...just always there.
Please pray for Lola. Pray specifically that we go on Monday and the Dr. has some "reasonable" explaination for something that seems so "unreasonable". It just feels like this has "popped" up out of no where...so incrediblly unexpected. And these past few weeks, I thought she was just depressed...
Thank you for your prayers.
Lola's Mommy






2 comments:
Oh Chica, I am so sorry, I will keep all you in my thoughts. Love C
Miss Lola, hang in there and get well soon. You are so loved!! Love, Ashley
Post a Comment